Thinking on get serious about Linux, well then is time to get a Linux Certification, UNIX and Linux certifications are so popular on IT market and the companies pay you very well if you are certified.
Many vendors have created their own certification programs for you to prove your UNIX and Linux-based knowledge and skills.
Linux Certifications Leaders
In the Linux certifications world the leaders are Red Hat, LPI and Oracle is near behind them.
UNIX Certifications Leaders
In the UNIX certifications world we can find three leaders
- Oracle with Solaris,
- HP with HP-UX
- IBM with AIX.
Red Hat has 6 Linux certifications based on Red Hat Enterprise and a lot for the whole industry and also creates new visions for other technologies.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator (RHCVA)
- Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS)
- Red Hat Certified Security Specialist (RHCSS)
- Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
Read more about Red Hat Certifications Here
LPI has multiple Linux certifications based on many distributions, LPI verify knowledge on any Linux distribution like Red Hat or Debian.
- Linux Essentials
- Junior Level Linux Certification (LPIC-1)
- Advanced Level Linux Certification (LPIC-2)
- Senior Level Linux Certification (LPIC-3)
Read more about LPI Certifications Here
Novell certifications are based on SUSE Linux distribution. Novell has 4 Linux certifications for administrators.
- Novell Certified Linux Engineer
- Novell Certified Linux Administrator
- Novell Certified Linux Desktop Administrator
- Novell Certified Linux Professional
Read more about Novell Certifications Here
This article is free and open source. You have permission to republish it under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and Teknixx.com